Applying to Rent
If you are interested in an available Lexington Properties rental, and feel you meet the following criteria please take a moment to fill out the printable version of our Online Application. Every applicant over the age of 18 must fill out and application and submit with a $30 application processing fee. You may also pick up an application from our office during normal business hours. Applications will not be processed without the fee being paid in advance, as well as identification, employment verification and any other pertinent documentation being presented.
Criteria and Procedures/Qualifications to Rent:
- Lexington Properties strictly adheres to all fair housing laws.
- Gross Income must be at least three times the monthly rental amount (this is includes all sources of verifiable income combined from all parties applying).
- All income must be verifiable and truthful in nature. We do count wage statements from your employer, signed tax returns, social security income, retirement income, assistance income, investment income, student loans and grants, and food allotments as legal sources of income.
- Unverifiable income includes non court ordered child support, business income without a tax return, and gift money.
- All applicants who intend to reside in the house over the age of 18 must fill out an application.
- Applications must be filled out in their entirety and proper signatures obtained.
- A picture ID is mandatory when submitting and application (drivers license, passport, state ID card, etc.).
- You must have 2 recent years of verifiable rental history in excellent standing (home ownership may apply). Verifiable means we must receive documentation of your rental history from a current landlord or property management company. Copies of checks filled out for rent, will not be considered verification.
- Homeowners with an immediate foreclosure or short sale of home, may qualify, if all other credit is in good standing. An additional deposit may be requested.
- Credit will be reviewed. Credit must be at least 80% positive. Credit less than 80% positive can be grounds for denial . You must have 2 lines of positive credit. If no credit is available, you may ask if a co-signor is allowable.
- Any evictions evident on the credit report will be grounds for denial of an application.
- Collections on a credit report associated with a rental will be grounds for denial. (ie. apartment collections, utility collections).
- Some properties may be rented with a co-signor, please inquire before submitting an application.
- A bankruptcy on record must be discharged for more than a year prior to the application date.
- A $30 non-refundable application processing fee in cash, cashiers check, or money order, or paid online must be submitted with the application. Applications will NOT be processed without all fees paid.
- All references will be checked, including credit reports, eviction background checks, employment verification and rental history.
- ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED TOGETHER FOR ONE PROPERTY WILL BE REVIEWED AS A COLLECTIVE. IF ONE OF THE APPLICATIONS IS DEEMED TO BE DENIED, THE GROUP AS A WHOLE WILL BE DENIED FOR THE PREMISES.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS MAY BE PROCESSED FOR ONE PROPERTY AT ANY GIVEN TIME. APPLICATIONS ARE NOT PROCESSED ON A FIRST COME ~FIRST SERVE BASIS. THE MOST QUALIFIED APPLICANT(S) WILL BE CHOOSEN FOR THE PROPERTY.